incognito was recently runner up for the 2013 People and Environment Achievement Business Award for Community Interest Company, and won the Supply Chain Award in 2012. We have outlined our ethical policy below.
Incognito manufacturers and supplies a range of eco friendly insect repellent products in an ethical manner. We expect all suppliers and employees to abide by this policy.
Ethical Policy Criteria.
At incognito, ethical trading and management is of the upmost importance to us. We have developed the below criteria to protect the rights of our business partners and employees, and to make sure they are always fairly and ethically treated.
In all of our trading, both abroad and in the UK, we adhere to the following principles:
1. All employment is freely chosen.
– Staff are free to leave incognito after a reasonable notice.
– All employees of incognito are treated fairly.
– Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
– Adequate measures are taken to prevent accidents and minimize potential hazards.
2. Employees receive fair wages.
– Wages are in line with industry standard and can be negotiated in extenuating circumstances.
3. Working hours are not excessive.
– Overtime is always voluntary.
– Working hours are in line with industry standards and national laws.
4. Discrimination and prejudice are never permissible.
– There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
5. There is regular, flexible employment for employees.
6. Termination of employment must only be for reasonable, rational reasons. In the case of termination of employment for an offence, hard evidence must be produced. This will be in line with employees contract of employment.
7. Bullying, inhumane and cruel practices are strictly prohibited.
– There is to be no physical abuse or discipline, threats of physical abuse, verbal abuse, sexual or other harassment or other forms of intimidation.
8. No bribery, corruption or blackmailing is permitted.
9. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
– Restrictions used to guarantee business are forbidden.
– Third Party Suppliers and buyers are free to sell and buy from any number of other companies.
– Workers have the right to join or form trade unions, incognito has an open attitude to all opinions.
10. Products manufactured and sourced by incognito are ethically produced.
– All products are manufactured with the minimal impact possible to the environment.
– Products are vegan, contain recyclable material and are in recyclable packaging whenever possible.
– We encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves, as in many areas we operate far above the minimum ethical standards required by law. We monitor the social, ethical and environmental standards in our supply chain to make sure they are satisfactory.
11. Environmental sustainability is a key issue to us.
– All of our UK energy is from renewable sources.
– We recycle extensively.
– None of our products are damaging to the environment.
12. We support charitable causes.
– incognito has supported many charities, including schools for orphans in India, wildlife conservation products and the international health charity MERLIN.
Ethical Policy Statement
In conclusion incognito is incognito is a socially, environmentally and ethically responsible business, committed to upholding the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI) and going far beyond these standards in many aspects. We are always seeking to continually improve on our already impressive track record of environmental, ethical and social policies.