How to use incognito® natural insect repellent products
How to use incognito® natural insect repellent products. incognito® mosquito repellent spray and roll-on are suitable for all the family, including babies from 3 months old and those with very sensitive skin- provided a patch test is carried out first. These are the recommended suggestions for maximum protection. Where insects are less of a problem, or if you are confident that you rarely get bitten by mosquitoes, you can afford to take fewer precautions, as demonstrated in the video below.
- Shake bottle and hold 6 inches away from skin or clothing to be sprayed.
- Hold breath to avoid sneezing and then spray on all exposed skin and clothing.
- After spraying onto skin, pat the area. If you are asthmatic or have any other respiratory problems we suggest you use the roll-on instead.
- On average incognito® natural insect repellent spray will give you up to 5 hours of good protection. Spray as frequently as required depending on the individual and the intensity of the insects present.
- It is a good idea to spray yourself whilst naked, ideally after washing with an incognito®luxury soap, Hair & Body Wash and/or loofah soap and then, after dressing, spray your clothing as well.
- For extra protection apply incognito®moisturiser first - use liberally all over, avoiding contact with eyes – just like any other moisturiser - also use after sunbathing; the high concentration of aloe vera in it is particularly beneficial.
- incognito® roll-on & spray should be applied over sun lotions or any other applications.
On average, one adult will use one bottle of incognito ®natural anti-mosquito camouflage repellent spray per week to 10 days in tropical climates (5-7 days for the roll-on). We do strongly suggest you take a spare bottle with you, especially when going to places where insect-borne disease is rife and you cannot buy more. For children, half this amount should be sufficient. Apply incognito spray/roll-on primarily onto your pulse points (wrists, inside of arms, neck, back of legs and ankles) every 5 hours for 100% protection. These can be applied more liberally if desired.
incognito products have been developed for those with sensitive skin in mind. However, if you are in any doubt please carry out a patch test on the inside of your wrist 24 hours prior to use. This also applies to babies over 3 months.
- Do not spray incognito® camouflage insect repellent into your eyes (or anybody else's), and avoid contact with the entire eye area with all incognito® products.
- Apply on face, neck, head and ears by spraying incognito® onto your hands and patting the solution onto these vulnerable areas or use our roll-on or suncream repellent.incognito® spray and roll on should be applied both night* and day when at risk unless you are using the suncream repellent.
- Re-apply incognito® natural insect repellent products after swimming, washing and during periods of elevated perspiration.
NB: It is essential to sleep under a mosquito net at night (preferably impregnated) as no mosquito repellent or any other topical application will protect you for the entire time you sleep. Many plug-ins and nearly all mosquito coils emit toxic vapours that can potentially cause serious health problems. Instead, use our room refresher which is a natural alternative to keeping insects out of a room.
A long lasting impregnated (LLI) mosquito net is the only sure-fire way of not getting bitten during the night. Our strong mosquito repellent spray and roll-on are clinically proven to protect against malaria when used in conjunction with an LLI mosquito net. If you are staying in non-air-conditioned accommodation you will need to check that impregnated nets are provided. If you have any doubt that they won’t be, then make sure you take your own. Be especially wary of claims like, "there are no mosquitoes here!” as many hotel staff, even some tourist boards and Information Centres, have been known to be told to say things like this! If you are visiting malarial zones then pack an LLI mosquito net – they are lightweight and take up very little room when folded.
In extreme conditions, e.g. an area of intense insect activity like a mosquito-infested jungle, it is still a good idea to apply more incognito® anti-mosquito products than you would under normal conditions. This is also the case if you consider yourself a "mosquito magnet!” Also read ‘Avoiding Insect Bites’ for more information on this.
Larger persons tend to attract more mosquitoes because of their greater surface area. Every individual skin cell emits more kairomones; each cell produces CO2, lactic acid, heat etc., so if you fall into this category you will probably need to reapply incognito® more frequently. We strongly recommend that you use other incognito® products such as our moisturiser, soaps (especially the loofah), deodorant, incense sticks, pure organic Java citronella oil, suncream and Hair & Body Wash – the more the merrier - to be on the safe side. At the very least you will need incognito® spray or roll-on to provide 100% protection for 5 hours, and good protection for up to 8 hours.
You can also spray incognito® around doors, on netting and window frames to keep out unwanted visitors, although it is simpler & more economic to burn our organic Java citronella in an oil burner or open up a room refresher or both if you’re are particularly attractive to insects. Our other products can also be used in conjunction with the strong insect camouflage repellent, or roll-on – just don’t use these with the suncream - to give you unprecedented protection. If you plan to take our items in a pressurised environment, like a plane, wrap it up in a plastic bag, which can be reused later to store dirty clothing or other items that smell attractive to insects.
To use incognito® lemongrass incense sticks
- Light tip, blowout flame and affix the stick in earth, sand or another sturdy place.
- Only use in a well-ventilated room, if people or animals are present, or outdoors.
- The sticks can also be used to smoke insects out of a room, tent or any dwelling by lighting at least 1 stick per room & letting the smoke build up before opening window or doors (open for 5 minutes then close).
- incognito® lemongrass incense sticks along with our other products can be used in conjunction with the spray to stop insects buzzing around you both indoors & outside.
- This is especially worth doing if you are staying in backpacker accommodation or other non-air con rooms - even if you cannot see any insects!
- NB Do not stay inside an unventilated room except to briefly open windows.
- Our room refresher is brilliant to freshen up any room!Simply open the lid and place the tub on top on the floor.
- This pine forest aroma will freshen up your room with an extra benefit of keeping out insects.
- We’ve found that you can use them more than 3 weeks, for up to 3 months if the lid is replaced when not in use.
- They are a handy travel item which could also be used anywhere from camping to upmarket accommodation. Inside use only.
- NB Use the sticks to remove insects, as the room refresher will mainly keep them out if they are not already present!
- Apply suncream insect repellent directly onto the skin, 15 minutes prior to sun exposure, to protect against sun and insects.
- Re-apply frequently (every 5 hours) or whenever necessary for maximum protection. Also re-apply after bathing/swimming.
- The suncream will provide you with 100% protection for 5 hours and it is still 88% effective for 8 hours.
- However, if you choose to, apply the spray or roll-on onto clothing for extra protection in high risk areas.
- Can be used on children from 2 years of age.
- Apply the moisturiser directly onto your skin.
- It is especially useful for use following exposure to the sun due to its aftersun properties with nourishing argan oil, avocado oil and aloe vera.
- For complete 100% protection anywhere in the world, use with our incognito spray or roll-on which you should reapply every 5 hours.
- To use incognito® luxury loofah soap
- Use every 2-3 days, 2 weeks before you depart and then every other day whilst abroad.
- Exfoliating with a loofah is the only way to remove all the dirt from the skin pores; bacteria feed off this detritus and excrete a powerful kairomone (attractant to insects).
- Use it every other day 2 weeks before you travel to condition your skin and then carry on using every 2-3 days.
- It can be used all the time and is small enough to pack, so you do not need to use any other soaps – which may have attractive scents to insects.
- Remember to reapply incognito ® spray or roll-on onto hands after washing.
- Just a little is needed to go a long way, then it can last up to 3 months.
- Also helps to keep fungal infections and dandruff at bay.
- It also repels nits, head lice, and other unwanted visitors in your hair e.g. flying cockroaches.
- Dilute at least 1 parts oil to 6 parts water before applying to skin or for bathing.
- It can also be used in any oil diffusers or burners.
- It can be added to any unscented creams, lotions, shampoo, etc.
- Add a few drops to your clothes or luggage to keep them smelling fresh and detract small unwanted visitors.
- Also use in the final rinse of washing clothes – put 10-20 drops in water & wring out after at least 20 minutes.
- Click 5 or 6 times (or more) on a bite or a sting to help relieve the itch.
- It will also help reduce swelling & inflammation.
- Suitable for those aged over 2 years.
- Not to be used by those with a heart pacemaker.
- Take with you at all times, especially if you are prone to forgetting to apply repellent.